Car no. 24384
This four-cylinder car (80mm bore x 120mm stroke giving a capacity of 2402cc) has a nominal output of 15hp, and a relaxed touring speed of 35-40 mph.
The vehicle was exported to Australia after leaving the Billancourt factory on September 5th 1910, where it was owned and driven by the importer of the French cars. There is a contemporary photograph of the car, taken in the years of its early usage in Australia. Following a period in storage, it was re-commissioned in the 1950s and extensively used in rallies, before it was subject to a comprehensive restoration in the 1960s. Since that time, and following its arrival in the UK, it has been carefully maintained and used on a regular, if not extensive, basis. It has been a regular participant in the events of the Renault Freres and recently completed a tour of northern France.
The car benefits from an electric starter, has a gearbox that is easily mastered, very comfortable leather upholstery (believed to be original), and is equipped with a full set of brass lighting, horn, mirrors and other equipment, as well as two spare tyres. Specially made wooden boxes hold all the essential touring spares required, the double duck hood has been recently installed with new leather straps, and there is a full set of covers, ensuring that the car can be driven in all weathers.
This car is in near perfect condition, with nothing needed to be done, and is ready to rally.
The private registration number is not part of the sale.
There is a substantial PRG trailer, suitable for this car, available by separate negotiation.